Friday 9 April 2010

the green green garden


What a glorious day its been in sunny old England today, it feels like spring to me now and beautiful flowers are everywhere - until my 2 year old picks them! We love vegetables in our house, well me and Phoebe do, my son Miles will soon enough as he is being weaned soon but my husband still wouldn't eat them if they were pureed, tasted of beer and smothered over a beautiful models body! He does however love to have a go at growing them which we have been doing for the last couple of years, we have helped out on my father in laws allotment but this year we are taking things into our own hands and growing on our garden...i feel confident it will go well! We have some small plants we have grown from seed ready to go out soon including peas, carrots, butternut squash and a rather (i hope) impressive hanging basket with tiny tomatoes! We tried onions, garlic and herbs last year which did well.....oh and not forgetting the all important pumpkin! My daughter Phoebe loved getting involved last year on the allotment and shes even more keen this year, i really think she is understanding how things grow now having planted them from seed and watching the tiny shoots sprout everyday and not to mention a rather striking looking fellow called mr grasshead who has taken up residence on my window sill, she gets up everyday so excited to see if his hair has grown and to give him a little drink! These pictures are of last year on the allotment but i will post some soon of us gardening this year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment