Wednesday 31 March 2010

Fay's Family food!


Good morning! 
In the post this morning my new recipe book arrived by Fay Ripley called 'Fay's Family Food'. I had to put a comment up about it because after reading it there is honestly not one recipe that i dont want to make! its fabulous! I have shelves of cookbooks that i have purchased and hundreds of recipes eagerly await me to cook them, i am a firm believer in making one meal to suit all, i have been there and done the whole making 3 different meals a night and i hated it so much that by the end of it i usually skipped mine for some tea and biscuits!
I love food and i love cooking for my family, unfortunately i have a husband who will not eat vegetables...i have tried everything and have resorted to blending them into sauces and such to get some goodness into him...i dont see much change for him on the horizon but i live in hope and still put a potion of veg on his plate. My daughter Phoebe goes through stages of liking something and then squashing it into my carpet the next....life its a battle ground but i stick to my guns and i make the same meal for everyone every night, if he doesn't lie the veg he can pick it out! (i love you)
Anyway back to the book, its fab! she bases all her recipes around cooking one meal for the whole family that can be adapted to suit babies and children's needs and they are all delicious meals healthy and kind to both big and small tummys!, tuscan sausage stew is on the menu tonight! i really does work out cheaper to cook one meal, perhaps bulk cook and freeze some! i love the feeling of having good homemade food in the freezer if i need it for emergencies :) 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm not the only one with a man that hates vegetables! Peppers are the only think I manage to get down his throat!
    I know what you mean about having a really great cookbook! I've just achieved Annabel Karmel's new cookbook and I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to see a review of this book. I have it and think it's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete